Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Home Job Online - Affinity in Cause-Related Marketing


No cause-related marketing campaign is likely to soar absent affinity, Implicit in any successful cause-related marketing campaign is the idea of affinity.

Jude Children's Research Hospital. Then you're far less likely support any cause marketing campaign on behalf of St, intellectually or otherwise, if children with cancer don't affect you emotionally, think about it.

But if I don't have a cat then his recent endorsement in 9Lives advertising isn't likely to convince me to buy a bag of dry cat food, i may love American Idol and Randy Jackson. And it has to be the right kind of affinity.

Oil and filter service featuring genuine Toyota parts, this one advertised a lube. I get one of these mailers about once a month. Received at my home circa October 2004 from the cooperative marketing group for the Toyota Service Centers in my market, so consider the case of a mailer.

Were negatively affected by budget cuts, which the mailer points out, and the Toyota Service Center will make a $2 donation to Weber State University automotive training programs, buy this service for $25.95. In the red burst on the left side is the cause-marketing offer.

The text of the burst makes it clear that the local Toyota Service Centers have some skin in the game.

" "Weber State University trains our technicians to stay current with the ever more complex systems in your state of the art Toyota vehicles.

And service centers anyway, its dealers, strikes me as exactly the kind of program that ought to be heavily funded by Toyota, while important, the training of automotive technicians, moreover. So I don't have any particular affinity based on proximity, weber State's campus is about 50 miles away. Nor is any immediate family member, i'm not an alumnus, while I admire Weber State University. But I don't have any skin in this game.

The $2 donation represents no special incentive to me, ergo. I don't have any affinity with the school or its automotive training programs, in other words.

Faculty or staff, donors, vendors, graduates, what about other Weber State students? But almost by definition those people all change their own oil, certainly graduates of Weber State's automotive training programs. That's a tough one. Who might have an affinity?

Difficult to say without surveying those groups. But does that extend to any special affinity to an automotive training program, they certainly have affinity for the school?

' The Toyota Service Centers in my local market used a cause-related marketing ploy on a lot of people (myself included) that don't have a natural affinity for the 'cause, in short.

Years since I received this I haven't seen any other offer like this from my local Toyota Service Centers, but I do know that in the 2½ i don't know what the results of the campaign were.

I'll bet the gambit didn't really pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment